Pages

Tuesday 24 February 2015

New experience on Day Seven

Great excitement today as I was asked if I would like to talk about the #sixitemschallenge on the Yarn in the City Podcast.  I went to meet Alli and Rachel the clever women behind Yarn in the City dressed in my grey knit dress (Phase Eight winter 2013/2014) and wrapped in my biggest shawl.  The pattern is Samen by Steven West and it's knitted in hand-spun Using up various fibres from my stash (including some Porpoise Fur in the Pollinator colour way) and, if I'm honest, slightly variable weights from a pretty thin DK to a lumpy Aran.  The shawl is somewhat oversized and I feel it looks best draped around my shoulders and tied around my waist as a big wrap


After a longish chatty lunch (I had not seen the ladies for a while) we got down to recording the pod-cast around Alli's kitchen table, the microphone in the middle and Alli at her laptop in her hot pink headphones.  I was quite nervous of speaking, I've never done something like this before so I fear my appearance was a mix of saying nothing to saying too much with my voice fading as I checked my knitting (Alli and I knitted the whole time and Rachel wound up a skein of yarn for her next project).  I might have given Alli a bit of an editing headache. I'll post a link to the podcast once it's ready and up on the Yarn in the City website.



So if you are visiting my blog via the podcast -  hello and welcome! Thank you for taking an interest in my quest - to wear only six items of clothing from my overful wardrobe for six weeks (one week down, five to go) and to raise money for the charity Labour Behind the Label.  I hope you also visit my fundraising page and make a donation too.  And finally I hope you will come back and visit again, see how I manage to ring the changes with accessories to keep my blog readers interested and brighten up the grey

XX

C




No comments: