Pages

Sunday 1 March 2015

Twelve

Sunday brunch with several offspring, their partners and a sprinkling of grandchildren is a favourite meal.  Everyone is happy with a table piled high with eggs, bacon, sausages and toast. While I pile the sausages into the oven and whisk eggs (for scrambling, do you think I would fry eggs for 10?) the first adult to arrive puts the kettle on for tea and coffee, or forgets and we all just have orange juice, it doesn't really matter.  Sometimes I ring the changes and we have pancakes with maple syrup, bacon, blueberries and creme fraiche - or even kedgeree

Wearing the grey jersey dress with my pale turquoise shawl



The shawl is knitted from Lissom by Yarnscape a 50/50 (merino/tencel) lace weight yarn in the colour seascape.  The pattern is Blight by Deborah Frank.


My shawl pin, which is such a good colour match for Seascape it is sometimes hardly visible in the shawl's folds, is a pyrex glass spiral that I bought at Wonderwoool Wales last year.

xx

c

No comments: