Pages

Monday 1 January 2018

mittens!

New Year - new intentions.  More blogging, and a bit of variety (sewing, reading, events as well as knitting).  But to begin, my first love, knitting, and something that began, as projects so often do, with sharing a new lovely pattern with friends, captioned 'see this, I want to make it, anyone want to join me?'

Consequently, when friends from my knitting group were all in the grip of frantic Christmas present knitting, we decided that after Christmas we would knit mittens.  We made our plans on WhatsApp, where we often continue the knitty chat begun on knit nights.

We would normally have cast on together at knit night but tonight, it's a public holiday and all the places we meet (coffee shops mostly) are closed so we intend to meet virtually on WhatsApp and Ravelry.  I'm also instagramming my progress with the hash tag #newyearmittsalong

Want to join in? You are Very Welcome!

I have chosen to knit Ysolda Teague's Mīlēt in these left over yarns - (Jamieson & Smith 2 ply jumper weight and Triskelion Mona Sport




More posts to come

xx

C

No comments: